Monday, November 03, 2014

Why people are missing the point about Brittany Maynard's Suicide

 

Believe it or not, I have truly lost sleep over this. I was truly upset when I heard this 29 year old girl had died. If you are not in touch with the news, here is the story Brittany Maynard

I read comments in some of the news stories and it is pretty much a back & forth arguing among those who think she was wrong for ending her life and those who think she had the right and were glad she was able to make that decision. It struck me that all those reactions were missing the point completely.

The point is not how she died. The most important thing in my opinion is what happened to her after she died. Did she or did she not "end her suffering"?

In the articles and news stories I have read & seen about her, I never heard if she mentioned God or being a Christian. And THAT is the most important thing. The bible says in Romans 3:23 All have sinned & fall short of the glory of God.  We are all sinners in need of a Savior. God sent his son, Jesus to atone for our sins once and for all. If you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 

Yes, friends, it is that easy. You can pray and admit your need for a Savior and acknowledge Jesus and ask him to forgive your sins and save you. That is the MOST IMPORTANT THING. But you only have this life to do it. And none of truly knows when our last breath will be.

See, the thing that kept me up last night is the thought that this beautiful young woman who was so determined not to suffer, has ended up in a world of suffering far worse than any cancer could ever inflict. I hope that is not the case and that she was fully prepared for her death.

Please, if any of this is foreign to you, I'd love to talk to you more or try to answer any questions.

Love, Shelly

No comments: