- point to & name eyes, nose, ear, mouth, head, hair, & knee
- Use many words - love to name family members & the first friend they learned was Noah. They will repeat almost anything now but it usually comes out quite different from how we say it; can say about a three word sentence.
- Recently started undressing; like to try & dress themselves, sometimes well, sometimes not; love to put on shoes
- are starting to learn songs like twinkle twinkle and Elmo's song
- have recently started feeding themselves with a fork - we just tried & they were pretty good at it; can somewhat eat with a spoon but usually make a huge mess.
- can jump (& really like to)
One thing we really need to work on is drinking from a regular cup. Every time we've tried it's ended in disaster! I also don't have much time to work with them on things like I did Kaleigh, such as colors, shapes, etc. but I figure the'll learn it sooner or later - ha!
- The number 1 thing both twins like to do is eat & drink their milk. Until 3 or 4 months ago they would eat anything, but more recently they've started to get a little pickier. They still eat large portions for their size, though. You cannot eat around them and not share. They'll stand in front of you and yell "BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTE!" First thing in the morning we greet them with a sippy cup of milk.
- they both love to dance & listen to music
- they love to play with each other. They fight a lot now, especially over the doll stroller, but they have so much fun together too. One day they just giggled & giggled while carrying a baby blanket around the house together.
- They love their big sister. They will all go in Kaleigh's room and play with the Little People toys and whatever else. They light up when they see "K-K"
- And of course they adore little "Emmy". Avery especially loves to "talk" to her in a little sing song voice and lay on the floor next to her (& sometimes on her) For the most part they are so sweet. They will get on the floor and crawl with her and bring her things.
- They both like to play with dolls & stuffed animals and push them in the stroller pretend to feed them, that kind of thing
- They both seem to be very compassionate. Recently I got a cold and every time that I coughed one of them would ask me "okay mommy?" Without fail, every time. And they would keep asking until I answered! If Kaleigh hurts herself or Emory fusses they get very concerned.
Avery is usually the more laid back one. If she's fussy, I know something's probably wrong with her. She's independent and definitely likes to do things herself. She's funny and loves to make people laugh. She's always doing it with us, making funny faces and will repeat things after she gets a laugh. She's social and likes to smile at people she doesn't know. When I tell her to "come here", Avery runs away giggling. She drives me crazy but we love her. When Kaleigh is playing with her and gets a little too physical she will usually just laugh. She does like to mess with people, especially her twins sister and she's a little bit mischevious. She adds so much fun to our family.
Alexis is the more emotional of the twins. She comes running to me many times during the day with her world crashing down b/c of a stolen toy or a stubbed toe. After a good cuddle things are usually okay until I have to put her down. She's very sweet and seems to like to take care of people. When we're walking and Avery starts to run off Alexis turns and says "come on sister". Too cute. She has this sweet little shy smile that she does when she's being bashful around people, and when she's happy about something she gives us this beautiful beaming smile that just brightens our day.
We love these two precious girls. Yes, it is hard and yes they are going through the terrible twos and can throw amazingly good kicking screaming down on the floor tantrums, but the good times more than make up for any amount of bad. To think that we almost lost them and now God has given us two wonderful years with them leaves me speechless.