Friday, December 03, 2010
Thanksgiving & more...
We've been busy as usual, no news there. We headed up to Missouri for Thanksgiving and had a fun time as usual. Traveling went okay, although not great. Kaleigh rode with Nathan's parents but we had the 3 little ones. Avery had a diaper blowout on the way there that was so bad we ended up just throwing her pants away!
The kids had soo much fun and Emory was very popular, even though she was a cranky pants.:) Or so we thought. Later we figured out that she was sick and obviously not feeling well. The twins got plenty of attention and loved it! We love seeing the family and catching up with everyone and of course ate tons of great food.
Kaleigh and the other kids were riding these bikes around in the basement. She has gotten where she loves riding her trike at home and gets that same look of intense concentration like she has in this picture. When she gets too serious I start singing the wicked witch song from the Wizard of Oz to make her giggle.
Since we've been back, Nathan's started working on insulating the basement, we went to the circus last night (so much fun) and had his work Christmas party and our Sunday School Christmas party today.
Oh, and I did get my free Christmas cards. They should be here soon. I did manage to make them, but whether they actually get distributed is a whole other story... At the very least I will post one on here!
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Okay, so they want some more specific things to get the 50 free cards. I guess you sign up first on their blog at http://blog.shutterfly.com/5358/holiday2010-blog-submission-form/ then they send an email telling what to blog to get the credits.
I don't really have one specific way to do my Christmas cards. In the past I've done whatever was cheapest, or what I could get at the last minute. Since we had Kaleigh, I've always done photo cards. But I would get some in the mail and they were so pretty, I always said "next year I'm going to put more effort into it and start earlier!" Shutterfly does have some beautiful cards and I love that they have collages. It's so hard to narrow my pictures down to One choice!
You can see their Christmas photo cards here. http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/christmas-photo-cards
This was another one of my favorites -
of course my final choice will come down to what pictures I have that I want to use. This year we were fortunate to have a couple of friends who are wonderful photographers take pictures for us, so I have a lot to choose from!
They also have holiday cards for other occasions here.
Another thing I always do for our families is make a calendar. They have some here. http://www.shutterfly.com/calendars
Friday, November 19, 2010
Monday, November 01, 2010
Monday, October 25, 2010
Monday, October 18, 2010
Wednesday, October 06, 2010
- 6 1/2 months - started crawling, sitting pretty well & getting back into a sitting position'
- 7 months - pulling up, crawling really well, started saying "da-da"
- 7 1/2 months - perfecting pulling up skills
- 8 months - cutting two teeth on bottom & maybe more! She's fussy so I hope they come quick
- also - shakes her head from side to side, seems like "no" when she's done eating; has started doing her hand like a wave, not on command or anything; babbles quite a few more other sounds like na-na, la-la, ga-ga, & still likes her vowels a lot.
Emory is so determined. I can see in her eyes when she spots something that she wants and starts to go after it, nothing is going to deter her! She's my little Roomba right now. That girl will find every little speck on the floor and pick it up & put it in her mouth. Then she gags on it and spits up. I'll be glad when she's walking, at least she'll be further from the floor! She's so cute right now though, just follows me & her sisters around the house. She'll crawl on us if we are on the floor. Avery & Alexis get a little annoyed with her sometimes but they are still so sweet to her. She takes about 4 bottles a day and usually eats 3 times a day but we can get by with 2. Her legs are still chubby & adorable! She can almost wear 12 month clothes but is really in 6-9 month right now.
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
- point to & name eyes, nose, ear, mouth, head, hair, & knee
- Use many words - love to name family members & the first friend they learned was Noah. They will repeat almost anything now but it usually comes out quite different from how we say it; can say about a three word sentence.
- Recently started undressing; like to try & dress themselves, sometimes well, sometimes not; love to put on shoes
- are starting to learn songs like twinkle twinkle and Elmo's song
- have recently started feeding themselves with a fork - we just tried & they were pretty good at it; can somewhat eat with a spoon but usually make a huge mess.
- can jump (& really like to)
One thing we really need to work on is drinking from a regular cup. Every time we've tried it's ended in disaster! I also don't have much time to work with them on things like I did Kaleigh, such as colors, shapes, etc. but I figure the'll learn it sooner or later - ha!
- The number 1 thing both twins like to do is eat & drink their milk. Until 3 or 4 months ago they would eat anything, but more recently they've started to get a little pickier. They still eat large portions for their size, though. You cannot eat around them and not share. They'll stand in front of you and yell "BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTE!" First thing in the morning we greet them with a sippy cup of milk.
- they both love to dance & listen to music
- they love to play with each other. They fight a lot now, especially over the doll stroller, but they have so much fun together too. One day they just giggled & giggled while carrying a baby blanket around the house together.
- They love their big sister. They will all go in Kaleigh's room and play with the Little People toys and whatever else. They light up when they see "K-K"
- And of course they adore little "Emmy". Avery especially loves to "talk" to her in a little sing song voice and lay on the floor next to her (& sometimes on her) For the most part they are so sweet. They will get on the floor and crawl with her and bring her things.
- They both like to play with dolls & stuffed animals and push them in the stroller pretend to feed them, that kind of thing
- They both seem to be very compassionate. Recently I got a cold and every time that I coughed one of them would ask me "okay mommy?" Without fail, every time. And they would keep asking until I answered! If Kaleigh hurts herself or Emory fusses they get very concerned.
Avery is usually the more laid back one. If she's fussy, I know something's probably wrong with her. She's independent and definitely likes to do things herself. She's funny and loves to make people laugh. She's always doing it with us, making funny faces and will repeat things after she gets a laugh. She's social and likes to smile at people she doesn't know. When I tell her to "come here", Avery runs away giggling. She drives me crazy but we love her. When Kaleigh is playing with her and gets a little too physical she will usually just laugh. She does like to mess with people, especially her twins sister and she's a little bit mischevious. She adds so much fun to our family.
Alexis is the more emotional of the twins. She comes running to me many times during the day with her world crashing down b/c of a stolen toy or a stubbed toe. After a good cuddle things are usually okay until I have to put her down. She's very sweet and seems to like to take care of people. When we're walking and Avery starts to run off Alexis turns and says "come on sister". Too cute. She has this sweet little shy smile that she does when she's being bashful around people, and when she's happy about something she gives us this beautiful beaming smile that just brightens our day.
We love these two precious girls. Yes, it is hard and yes they are going through the terrible twos and can throw amazingly good kicking screaming down on the floor tantrums, but the good times more than make up for any amount of bad. To think that we almost lost them and now God has given us two wonderful years with them leaves me speechless.
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Tuesday, September 07, 2010
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Wednesday, August 04, 2010
It was just over a year ago that we found out you were on the way and today you are 6 months old!
I think of God's omniscience every time I see you. Because although we may have planned our family out a little differently, He knew you were exactly what we needed. Right away you were precious to us but every day you grow more & more so. You are at the sweetest little age right now, flashing that huge grin left and right. It's so wide I think it will just stretch right off your face sometimes! Your Daddy just gets a goofy look when he's holding you and you cuddle up on him. He's smitten. Your sisters love you too. They give you little kisses and go "awww" when they see you. You just smile right back at them.
You giggle and squeal when I bounce you on the bed or couch.
You're almost sitting, still needing to prop yourself a little bit.
You're very mobile - rolling, scooting, whatever it takes to get you where you need to go. I'm constantly pulling you out from under a piece of furniture that you've wedged yourself under. You are almost crawling - getting up on all fours and rocking back and forth.
You rarely cry now around people, but you do sometimes when I lay you down for bed. You will smile up until you can't see anyone then it turns to tears. Sometimes you switch straight from crying to laughing then back again! You know Mommy's a sucker and hates to hear you cry.
You drool tons and everything you get your hands on goes straight to your mouth. You're really amusing when you're hungry. One of the nursery workers told me one day "I thought she was going to eat me!"
Speaking of nursery workers, they are always commenting on what a happy smiling baby you are. Usually followed by "she spit up everywhere". Yes, you do have one flaw. That's okay, nobody's perfect.
We love you darling girl. Thanks for adding even more joy to our lives.