- Weighs 22.6 lbs., is 31 1/4 inches, head is 18 1/4
- Walks & runs all over the place, falls a lot!
- Climbs chairs, Kaleigh's bunk bed, the slide at the playground
- feeds herself with a spoon, refuses to be fed - she does pretty good when she wants to
- just recently started coloring, before now she just ate the crayons
- can point to nose, ears, belly, mouth
- can take off her shirt
- talking, talking, talking - she stayed steady for a while, adding new words & just recently started saying more phrases & sentences. More on that below...
When Dr.Rhodes was asking about her development, I kinda laughed when she asked if Emory could say at least 5-10 words. I said yeah, more like 50. But it's probably way more than that. She's constantly repeating the twins now and does a pretty good job. I can't always understand her but she does make her wants known! I'm not sure what her longest sentence is but she has said trampoline, swimming pool & puppet show. When I hang up my phone she says "who's at mommy?" (who was that, mommy) After I tell her she says "oh, okay".
Nathan recently taught her to do a fist bump. She puts her little hand out & goes "fis bump". It's so cute. This morning Nathan got up with her and she came to my bed, gave me a big kiss right on the lips. Said "fis bump?" & after I gave her one, said "dank oo". I laughed & said "thank you!" & she said "welcome". It was the funniest wake up I can remember!
On the flip side, she is definitely strong willed! Just last night the nursery worker at church was tellling us how Emory would not let her hold other kids & made her walk around the room holding hands. I think she thought it was funny, but some don't. What she wants to do it's just easiest to let her. She's so sweet that it's easy to forgive her those more difficult personality aspects though.