Monday, November 12, 2007


To register or not to register...

That is the question.

I've seen and heard many people talking about registering for Christmas gifts this year, and I'm a little torn on the issue. On one hand, it's always nice to have a list to shop for other people, and to make sure I get things I like. On the other hand, I really don't know what I want and people like Nathan and my mom have been able to find gifts that I love and never would have thought to register for. Also in the past, I've spent a while trying to make a list (at someone else's request) only to not get one thing off of my list. I just think that part of gift giving is the process of really thinking about another person and trying to find a gift from the heart that will please them. What do you think?

4 comments:

Jill said...

Make a list!

Nitzia said...

register? wow... I never heard of that before other than weddings and babies....but I agree with you somehow is better to let the person choose what they want to give.... but I told my in-laws...."please, no toys for Sara"!!! hahaha!!!

Anonymous said...

We make lists. However, if I find something for someone that is not on their list I still get it. Then also get them something on their list. So, if you want something specific... make a list. It may make it easier for those shopping for you.

The Nelson Family said...

I make a list and email website links to make it easy for my family to just click, click, credit card number, done.