Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Quick Update...
I went to the Dr. yesterday and he didn't do much, but he was able to hear both heartbeats, so that was good. I'm just almost to 9 weeks and he wasn't sure about being able to hear them, but we did. I had gotten used to getting an ultrasound every time I go that it was a little weird not to, but I'll just have to wait. I'm not even going back for 4 more weeks (hopefully). Now I just have a couple of issues that I'm dealing with that will hopefully not be a problem, and my sickness which seems a little bit worse this week than what it was last week. I am really hoping that it will start to get better soon and maybe go away in the next 3- 5 weeks. They did get on to me at the dr. b/c I had last 1/2 pound since my last visit instead of gaining, but I've heard of much worse. I'm doing my best anyway.

And, Kaleigh is 2 1/2 today! She hasn't changed a whole lot since she turned 2, but here are a few new things:
1. She is potty trained. Yay! She actually has been for a while now, and even stays dry during her nap. She still wears a diaper at night. We just haven't worked on that yet.
2. She still talks all the time, just with an ever expanding vocabulary. Also, she picks up on everything and will repeat it later. A few things she's said "that makes me nervous", "I'm not feeling so good right now" and "oh my goodness".
3. She's finally learning a few of her colors. She knows yellow, white, and pink so far. I know this is not exactly impressive, but we do what we can.
4. Just seeing more and more of her personality, it is very obvious that she is a people person. She isn't necessarily going to be the most outgoing child, but after spending just a little time with someone, she will talk about them and get excited to see pictures of them and almost always remember people's names, as good or better than I can.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm glad you are doing a little better. We'll just pray that the sickness goes away soon. I can't believe Kaleigh is 2 1/2!!! Where has the time gone. Seems like yesterday we were bringing you guys a meal after you had her. She's a mess for sure!

Nitzia said...

wow! I can't believe the dr. got on you for loosing 1/2 a pound!?! after being so sick, you don't feel like eating anything! well... after the sickness goes away... hang in there because you will feel like you will double your weight after that... I know that well!!!

amy said...

Glad to hear an update on you and the twins. I heard drinking lots of lemon water or sucking on lemons helps with morning sickness, but what do I know? :)
Kaleigh is such a happy little girl. She always makes everyone smile! Way to go on potty training! I am burning a color cd for you that she can sing along with.

The Proctors said...

Our toddlers are growing up so fast!! That color CD that Amy is talking about is great! Landon loves it!