Monday, December 08, 2008


Twins FAQ's

We get a lot of the same questions about the twins, so I thought I would do a little update for those of you who we don't see much who might be curious about them.

Q: How are the babies & how much do they weigh now? A: Avery & Alexis are doing great! They have not had any sicknesses and very few problems to speak of. They are gaining weight quickly and as of Friday Alexis was 8lbs,0oz and Avery was 7lbs,15oz.
Q: Can you tell them apart? How? A: Yes, I can tell a little difference in their faces, but our fallback is a birthmark on Alexis' head.
Q: Are you getting any sleep? Actually, we are. They take a bottle around 10:30 and go to sleep after and wake up anywhere from 3:00 to 5:30. They take another bottle and go back to sleep. They actually slept all night until 7:15 the other day! I look forward to that being regular thing.
Q: How is Kaleigh doing with them? A: She's doing great so far. She likes to say "my little baby sisters are soooo sweet". She likes to hold them and help with them. She has actually helped me feed them during the day when I'm by myself with all the kids, but she gets tired of holding the bottle after about 3 minutes.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

It sounds like they...and you...are doing really well. I am so pleased to read about their sleeping habits...we certainly have a good God, don't we?

Melissa said...

I can't believe they are so big! What good pics you get of the two of them together. Great to know that Kaleigh is a wonderful big sister...as if there would be any doubt! I'm so happy for ya'll!

Doug McPherson said...

Awesome. Thanks so much for the update! Let me also submit another question: How's Nathan making it in a house full of women?

The Proctors said...

What a great idea to answer some questions! I'm so glad that you guys are doing so good and the twins are growing so well! They are just precious! I had no doubt that Kaleigh would be the best big sister! It will be so neat to see them grow up together.

Shelly, OTA in training said...

Doug, Nathan loves the emotion and drama. Ha, ha - not really. I think he's resigned himself to it though. Kaleigh is such an emotional girl already, crying and slamming doors when she gets upset! I have no idea where she gets it :)

The Nelson Family said...

Sounds like you guys are doing great! I'm glad they are so well right now. Kaleigh is so funny. I'm sure she is loving all that baby time and I'm glad she's a good little helper for you.

Amber said...

This was a fun post to read! It's funny to think about how many different people will ask you the same question about twins! Alexis and Avery are so cute and I know Kaleigh is loving being a big sister!