Monday, July 06, 2009

9 months & sitting pretty

Avery & Alexis turned 9 months on July 1st. They are finally both sitting up well. I can't believe it took this long! It will be nice now and make it a little easier to dress them and bathe them, and also give them another view of the world. Avery is also cutting her first teeth! Two little teeth coming in on the bottom. She is just a little bit fussy and a LOT drooly! I think Alexis is getting some too, but I can't see them as well yet.


Nathan and I got a little break over the weekend. We left the kids with grandparents and went down to Felsenthal with some of Nathan's friends from way back & their wives. We do this annually on the 4th of July and call it the Guys & Wives reunion. Although we didn't get to go last year. I had just had my surgery and was in the hospital here. This year was definitely an improvement! It was all about the fishing this year. I didn't go as much as some of the others, but it was fun. We were able to stay in the shade for the most part or go in the morning before the bad heat set in. The highlight for me, besides just visiting with friends, was seeing an alligator! Liz spotted it first and we stayed a safe distance away, but it followed us for a little while. I kept my eyes on it. I wasn't scared as long as I knew where it was! Andy finally threw a fish at it, & the gator ate it then turned around & swam away. Fun.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

your girls are ADORABLE!! love the new picture! anybody i know at the guys and wives reunion?

The Proctors said...

The twins are so cute!! They look so big sitting up by themselves. I know you are excited about that! What a fun weekend for you and Nathan! Looks like you caught a pretty big fish too.

The Nelson Family said...

Your babies are so precious! They look so big sitting up like that. And props on the fish! I think I would have run very far away from an alligator that was coming after us and thrown more than just a fish at him!

The Bunch Fam! said...

email me at thebunchfam@yahoo.com and we'll add you!

Amber said...

What sweet little girls! Glad you had a fun 4th of July weekend! We missed you guys though!