Tuesday, January 05, 2010

"Kaleigh-abulary"

I might have shared some of these before, but I thought it would be funny to share some of the words that Kaleigh doesn't get quite right. She speaks so well, but let's face it, the English language is confusing at times. So here are some words & definitions out of Kaleigh's special dictionary, pronounced as I have written them.

Yogrit - a fruity, dairy snack, usually eaten at our house in the morning
Jalor - a place to store things, as in "I'm going to go put my clothes in the jalor" (Love this one!)
to raze - what you do with a razor - "Mommy, are you going to raze your legs now?"
mazazing - a piece of reading material; usually comes in the mail
toefood - a squishy, white soy substance that I mix with other things & feed to the twins
ore - a sweet snack made of marshmallows, graham crackers & chocolate; if you want some, you say "I want some ores"
N a Mem - candy coated chocolate, comes in different colors
Kick - the singular form of breakfast cereal Kix

Don't some of these just make so much sense? We've corrected her plenty, but she still insists on her way and I enjoy it too much to make a big deal out of getting it right. I know we'll miss it when she says everything correctly.

6 comments:

Nitzia said...

she is too cute and funny:)

Amber said...

Very sweet language of her own! Love that you are recording it!

Lisa said...

don't correct it...it will happen on it's own.. bailey used to call ketchup "chippit" and all her aunts were "uncles"....she got over it too quickly and said the right things all on her own. love kaleigh's view on things!

Jill said...

So funny!

The Proctors said...

So cute! Kids are so funny!! I need to do a better job of writing down some of the things our kids say!

Jennifer Jackson said...

I know what you mean! Hannah still calls the TV, Te-Te. There are some others that she refuses to say correctly!