Thursday, February 04, 2010

Welcome Emory!






As I said in my previous post, we were scheduled to have a c-section Friday, but things obviously didn't turn out that way! I was praying about whether a c-section was the right decision & really wanted a VBAC so that I could recover easier & care for my other girls with less complication. At the same time, we went ahead & set Friday as the "deadline". I know things would have worked out either way, but I don't think God could have answered my prayers any better. There was no point during this experience that we questioned whether doing the VBAC was the right decision.






We decided on her name, Emory Christine, at 11:30 last night, and the contractions started about 30 minutes later. I wasn't sure at first, but it got painful quick! We got to the hospital around 2:00. The contractions were probably 3 minutes apart at that point. The first time they checked me I was a "5" and right after I got my epidural (praise God for that!) my water broke. A couple of pushes & she was born at 4:45. It was the kind of labor I have envied friends having. Now I've gotten to experience all kinds of labor - inducement, a c-section, and now "natural". We were so glad to meet our little Emory. She's sleeping soundly right now. Looks nothing like her sisters. More like me, but with Nathan's dimples. We are tired but excited about embarking on this adventure once again!

11 comments:

Tracy said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

Amber said...

YEAH!!! What an experience for you!! Can't wait to meet little Emory and see all that beautiful dark hair! It's amazing how God answers our prayers...we are thrilled for you, Nathan, and the girls!

Nitzia said...

SHE HAS HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm so happy for you guys... can't wait to come by and see her in person. God is so amazing! Congratulations:)

Jill said...

She is absolutely beautiful!!! Love the dark hair...she does look like her sisters....so sweet! Love her sweet little name too!

The Haines said...

She is just beautiful Shelly!!

Meagan-Marie said...

Congratulations! She is just beautiful! I love all her hair!

Candice said...

She is gorgeous and I am so happy that your prayers were answered in such a powerful way! Remember to call for anything and tell her that we come back and see her soon :)

Ashley S. said...

Congratulations Stattons! I can't wait to meet her! I'll be there tomorrow! Candice told me she looks nothing like the other girls, but I think she looks a lot like Kaleigh in that first picture. Good luck!

The Nelson Family said...

Congratulations!! You are right - she does look like you Shelly. And that HAIR!!!! Gorgeous! What a dream delivery! I am so happy for you. It sounds like you are doing so well, which is so wonderful. Also love the name! Very cute! I know her big sisters can't wait to get their hands on her. What a sweet little family! Congrats!

The Cornelisons said...

Love the hair. I think she does look like your other girls in these pictures. Beautiful - as is your entire family. Congratulations, we will continue to pray for you as you recover and adjust to 4!!!!

The Proctors said...

Look at her hair!! She is so adorable and precious. I'm so glad that everything went so smoothly. So excited for you guys!