Friday, June 11, 2010


Emory - 4 months

Little Emory is already 4 months. 4 months and 1 week to be exact. Her babyhood is just flying by. She's still been the sweetest little thing. Lately she's had to cry herself to sleep for about 5-10 minutes for naps & at night, but we can deal with that. I try to rock her or other things, but she just won't go to sleep that way.
I took her to the doctor today for her checkup. She is 13 lbs, 7 oz (41%), 25 inches (73%!) and her head is 16 inches (29%). She's in 3-6 month clothes.
Developmentally she hadn't really done anything new for a while, then suddenly she made some strides.
  • The biggest is rolling onto her belly. She started that a few days ago. What really surprised me about that is that she doesn't get a whole lot of time on the floor. I knew she was close when she started doing this uncomfortable move. I think mainly she was always craning her head around to see what was going on with her big sisters. She still gets sat on on a regular basis. But now she can roll all over the place! Yikes!
  • Her neck is getting stronger and she can hold her head up really well now.
  • She's also discovered her hands and her feet and her voice.
  • She's starting to play with toys, grabbing them and bringing them to her mouth.
  • She loves to just squeal. She's still the smilingest little thing.
  • We're starting to get somewhat of a routine now - bottle, playtime for an hour or so, then a nap. Some days are better than others. We're not on any sort of schedule, time wise. She sleeps until 8:30 some days but gets up a lot earlier other days.
  • Avery & Alexis are now saying her name. At first it came out "Elmo" but now it's "Emmy" I think we prefer Emmy. :)
Activity- it's always hard to "entertain" a baby at this age, especially when you're like me and don't have a lot of time! Since she's staying awake longer and wanting to do more I sometimes have to get creative. She spends a lot of time in her swing & bouncer just watching the other kids. And they enjoy bringing her toys as well, such as pom poms, napkins, and other very inappropriate baby items! I try to read to all of the girls and sometimes I will put E in the bumbo while I read. Her sisters like to scoot her around the floor in the bumbo. She lays on her Baby Einstein mat and plays with the toys. All in all, an exciting existence.

3 comments:

The Cornelisons said...

Already rolling over!!! That's excellent. She is the smiliest little thing. I don't think I even heard a peep out of her at the cookout the other night. She'll learn lots from those older sisters :) And I agree, Emmy is cuter than Elmo!

The Proctors said...

Emory is just precious! I'm in love with her hair! I love reading your updates since I don't get to see the girls. I agree with Alisa, your other girls will teach Emory everything she needs to know! :)

amy said...

And just so stinkin' cute! She is lucky to have 3 older sisters at this age. She may not think so later on, but she is lucky now. It's so fun to watch them learn so many new things in such a short time period.