Thursday, August 19, 2010

SUMMER FUN

Kaleigh constantly asks if she can invite her best friend Maddie over to play. It's been forever (at least since before we moved here) so finally one Saturday I said okay, we're gonna do this. Maddie is so sweet and easygoing and she and Kaleigh play wonderfully together. They spent most of the time together playing in the swimming pool on the deck.


I also let Avery & Alexis get in on the fun.


I recently read a magazine article that convinced me I needed to do more artistic endeavors with the kids, so I bit the bullet and let them (yikes, gasp) finger paint! I waited until my mom was here to help. The fun lasted about 5 minutes. It was so much messier than I imagined and it ended with tears for all of us. HA! I hope those 5 minutes were enough to inspire their creativity and fine tune motor skills and all the other wonderful things it was supposed to do! Of course we were outside but I was trying not to get paint on our new deck. I had this giant piece of paper that was working great until they started running through the paint and all over the deck.


Of course many times mealtimes are artistic endeavors in themselves...

3 comments:

Jill said...

LOL. Oh Shelly, next time, just fill a bucket of water and hand them paint brushes. Lots of fun and no stress :)

The Nelson Family said...

Ha! Well you are a wonderful Mom for trying at least. I'm sure they'll be little Rembrandts some day! And you did get some cute pictures!

Mauree said...

I also let my boys fingerpaint with washable paint in the bathtub and then it all just washes away. Unfortunately, so does their artwork but I think the fun of creating it was accomplished.