Saturday, January 15, 2011

SNOW DAYS!

Most of these are on facebook, but in case you missed them, here are some pics of us enjoying the 5-6 inches of snow we got this past week. It's just now almost gone, we've had fun with it. Not as much fun as we will in a few years, I'm sure.

As you may have noticed, our street is perfect for sledding (or boogeyboarding in our case). Since I had just given birth last year when it snowed I didn't get to participate in the fun so I jumped right in this time. I know you are all wondering about my adorable boots. Well, sorry to disappoint you but I got the last pair and you wouldn't be able to afford them anyway :) They are actually Nathan's and hideous on me but I couldn't find anything else to wear. Oh well.









The twins really got in on the action too. You can see the squeal on Alexis' face in this picture.









My sister got stranded with us and I know she was loving it! We were glad to have another person to help carry all our passengers who kept asking "again, again".








Kaleigh really wanted to make a snowman and I'd never made one before, but here's what we came up with. This is after many attempts and a few mishaps of collapsing and being put back together:
She's a beauty queen in the making - Miss Snow 2011. She has green eyes, a curvaceous figure and her platform is to end global warming. Her hobbies include being outdoors and birdwatching.












One funny story - we made snow cream and all enjoyed partaking of it, especially the twins. The next day Alexis looked out the window at all the snow and said "OOh, Avery, look at all the ice cream!" She said it again later in the week when we went to her Nana & Papa's house and saw the perfect smooth coating of snow on their roof. Sounds great to me - a world covered in ice cream!

No comments: