Saturday, June 18, 2011















New York - VBS Style!


I'm so tired but I want to go ahead & post while this is still fresh & not majorly old news. We just finished up VBS this week. I worked in 4th grade crafts (no diaper changing for me, thank you) and we had a great week. Super busy, never an idle moment, but fun too. The kids in our classes were wonderful and I hope they learned lots.

My kids seemed to have a great time. Emory charmed her teachers and Kaleigh always has fun so this week was no exception. And the twins walked into their room each day without hesitation so I can only assume they were glad to be there. Not sure how much they learned b/c all they could talk about was the "Balloon Man". This guy was in front of the church and they were terrified of him at first but slowly developed a fascination. Every day I tried to ask them what they did or learned and all they would talk about was the balloon man. We had to drive by slowly on the way out every day too.

















They are scared of a lot right now. Besides "balloon man" they are scared of water (in swimming pools, not bath), the dark, tiny merry go rounds or any moving ride, and were terrified of fireworks as I mentioned before. Definitely the only way to deal with them is to let them ease into on their own and on their terms. Strangely though, they like bugs and dogs. Even big dogs don't scare them at all and we don't even have one.

2 comments:

The Haines said...

in their defense, those balloon men freak me out too!! :)

The Nelson Family said...

What a fun VBS!! And I agree, those yellow blowing people are weird!