Saturday, August 20, 2011

Emory 18 Months

Emory turned 18 months old on August 4th. I took her to get a checkup yesterday. Here are her stats:
  • Weighs 22.6 lbs., is 31 1/4 inches, head is 18 1/4
  • Walks & runs all over the place, falls a lot!
  • Climbs chairs, Kaleigh's bunk bed, the slide at the playground
  • feeds herself with a spoon, refuses to be fed - she does pretty good when she wants to
  • just recently started coloring, before now she just ate the crayons
  • can point to nose, ears, belly, mouth
  • can take off her shirt
  • talking, talking, talking - she stayed steady for a while, adding new words & just recently started saying more phrases & sentences. More on that below...
She seems to be extremely healthy & developing great. She's been really healthy since her last ear infection at the beginning of the year. Nothing since. I was a little concerned that she's covered with bruises, but not really since she's so very active!

When Dr.Rhodes was asking about her development, I kinda laughed when she asked if Emory could say at least 5-10 words. I said yeah, more like 50. But it's probably way more than that. She's constantly repeating the twins now and does a pretty good job. I can't always understand her but she does make her wants known! I'm not sure what her longest sentence is but she has said trampoline, swimming pool & puppet show. When I hang up my phone she says "who's at mommy?" (who was that, mommy) After I tell her she says "oh, okay".

Nathan recently taught her to do a fist bump. She puts her little hand out & goes "fis bump". It's so cute. This morning Nathan got up with her and she came to my bed, gave me a big kiss right on the lips. Said "fis bump?" & after I gave her one, said "dank oo". I laughed & said "thank you!" & she said "welcome". It was the funniest wake up I can remember!

On the flip side, she is definitely strong willed! Just last night the nursery worker at church was tellling us how Emory would not let her hold other kids & made her walk around the room holding hands. I think she thought it was funny, but some don't. What she wants to do it's just easiest to let her. She's so sweet that it's easy to forgive her those more difficult personality aspects though.

She's recently learned some new songs. Nathan's been teaching her "Jesus Loves Me" and she picked up from somewhere the alphabet song. Here's a video of her singing that. She does much better on the first half, you'll see!

3 comments:

Christine McAllister said...

She is so smart! I wish I could have heard her. The sound was too low.

Amber said...

That is amazing! She is one smart little girl. She looks and sounds so much older than an 18 month old! Can't believe our babies are growing up!

Nitzia said...

wow!! she is a genius! Im so impress with her singing the alphabet song, she is super cute :)