Thursday, September 07, 2006


I know it's a little late, but I'd like to share what Nathan and I did over the long weekend. We thought about going out of town but Nathan and Kaleigh were both recovering from colds so we said to ourselves "what can we do that would be relaxing and fun? I Know! We can redo our bathroom!" What a great idea... We got started Saturday morning. I thought we'd have the wallpaper off the wall by noon. Not happening. It took many, many hours. We stopped on Saturday night to watch the game.

We'd been wanting to go to the movies for a while so my sister came up from OBU to babysit Sunday night. We went up the dollar theater & watched "My Super Ex-Girlfriend". Not necessarily our first choice, but it was the only one we weren't late for. Of course I missed half of it standing in line for popcorn since there only appeared to be one person working at this huge theater, but wadya expect when you pay $1 to get in?
Monday morning we finally finished painting and now we just have to replace the light fixture, put down new floor, buy a cabinet, pick out a shower curtain, paint the cabinets. . .
Maybe by next labor day we'll be finished.

The green wallpaper was what we had, and this floral monstrosity was underneath that. Stay tuned for a picture of the completed project.

3 comments:

The Nelson Family said...

Taking down wallpaper may be the worst project we have ever done! We remodelled David's mom's bathroom for her birthday 2yrs ago. What a horrible idea, I mean, mess, it was! But now it looks awesome, as I am sure yours will look in just a few short days (or weeks). Way to go home-improvers!

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the doing it yourself! I can't wait to see the final result. Kaleigh looks so cute in her cheerleading outfit! I love all the girly girl stuff!
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

I'm ready to see the result! I remember you saying how terrible it was, but I don't know if I would be up for taking down more than one layer. Your a better woman than I.