Saturday, January 06, 2007


Christmas, Statton Style


We needed a Christmas picture for our card so Nathan's dad, Joe, did a little photo session for us. He took quite a few pictures, and these were some of our favorites, including the one we used. Joe did a really good job. I'm not sure why we haven't done this before... We had a very nice Christmas. I keep telling myself that next year it will be simpler and more peaceful, but that never works out. We do try to cram too much into a few days. Kaleigh was much more lively this year, but wasn't too sure what to make of the present-opening. I think she expected to hear "no-no" as she was tearing wrapping paper off of presents.
I got some nice gifts. My favorite was a portable DVD player from my parents. That will be really nice to have for our upcoming ski trip. Also, Nathan got me a Phillips Senseo one cup coffee maker and a book that I really like, with conversations starters for couples. Not that we NEED conversation starters, but it's fun to pull out at supper and learn things about each other. That was such a thoughtful gift that he picked out for me.
I think my favorite memory from this year will be my sister trying to recite The Night Before Christmas, cajun style. My dad has a little book with it all written out, but somehow Kelly turned it into a Jamacain, Asian mixture. I laugh every time I think about that.

3 comments:

Amber said...

The pictures are beautiful...Kaleigh is such a little poser & you are both so photogenic! I'm so glad that you all had a wonderful Christmas! By the way, it’s about time that you blogged!!!! HAHA

The Nelson Family said...

What sweet pictures! You guys will treasure those for years to come!

Anonymous said...

Kaleigh is such a beautiful and happy girl. Your family pictures are so fun!
I'm glad you all had a nice Christmas.