Thursday, June 07, 2007

While I was gone...
I know, I know, it's been almost 3 months since my last blog. I will try to do better, but for now, a little update on what we've been up to.
It's been all about the house lately. We finished our floors in the dining room and kitchen, have finally picked out a carpet for the LR (and maybe the whole house, that's another story). We got 2 new ceiling fans for the LR and a chandelier (sp?) for the dining room. And we tilled up the whole backyard one lovely Saturday and planted grass seed (which is doing really well on one half of the yard, the other is weeds). And I also planted a garden in the yard. I have tomatoes, squash and a few peppers.
It hasn't been all work though. We have celebrated my birthday, my mom's birthday, Nathan's mom's birthday, and my brother's birthday. We've gone out twice on Nathan's parents beautiful boat that the just got. We've also been to Wild River Country twice. I'm taking a cake decorating class so hopefully I will be able to make cakes for Kaleigh's birthday (& any future children).

5 comments:

Amber said...

Welcome back! We have missed seeing your life! Sounds like you are a busy girl...can't wait to see the backyard/garden, floors, & carpet! When can we come over!!??

Anonymous said...

YEA! Glad to see a new post. I can't wait to see all of the new things you have done with your house. You all are really busy making many improvements. Cake decorating? I am very impressed. That would be so fun. Kaleigh's birthday cake will be that much more special. You can practice on any of us if you want! :)

The Nelson Family said...

You're back! Can't wait to see pictures of all your improvements!

Johnny and Claire Brown said...

So glad to catch up with you guys! Wow! Have you slept in the last 3 months with all that going on? Can't wait to see the house, and I'm available to taste/eat those cakes if you need a guinea pig!

Nitzia said...

good you are back... and yes, you can practice on us decorating cakes... maybe you can teach me sometime...