Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Branson Weekend

We just got back from a fun weekend trip with some wonderful friends. We all had a good time together on a ski trip earlier this year and decided to try a shorter trip together. Everyone else brought their kids, but Nathan and I decided to let Kaleigh stay with my parents. We figured 10 adults and 4 kids in one condo was plenty, and I selfishly wanted to do as much riding as possible at Silver Dollar City. All the kids were really good, though, even Ben! (just kidding, Ben).

It looks like my legs are cut off at the knee in this picture.








Look closely at the sign above Nathan's head... In the kids area at SDC they had this giant ball pen about 5 stories high where you can shoot these foam balls at each other or as I had fun doing - drop them on your friends heads.






This giant swing was the new ride at Silver Dollar City. It scared me worse than anything I've ever ridden, but it was fun. See if you can see Nitzia's face in this picture. She looks about how I felt when I rode.

The whole group - I'm hoping Kaleigh will not be mad at us when she's old enough to realize that we left her at home.

5 comments:

Nitzia said...

my pic on the swing ride is soooo funny! I am LOL right now! I can't believe I made that face .... at first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it but later I actually enjoyed it!!! I think that when Sara held my hand I felt so much better! but seriously I liked this ride alot! still LOL.

Melissa said...

Looks like ya'll had a fun time! Nitzia's face just cracks me up! Branson is so wonderful!

Amber said...

Thanks for the pics Shelly! I really enjoyed our trip and can't wait for the follow-up!

Bolding Fam said...

Wow! You are really brave to ride that swing!

Anonymous said...

That looks like a great weekend get-a-way! Don't you just love Silver Dollar City? Did you get a frozen lemonade, or two, or three? :) The swing looks like fun. Great group picture!!