Monday, October 15, 2007



HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY, KALEIGH!





We can't believe our little baby is already 2 years old. We celebrated her birthday this weekend with our family and today we are supposed to go to the fair, but it's not looking so good...


Some milestone information -


Kaleigh is a little chatterbox right now. She wakes up talking and doesn't stop unless she's got her thumb in her mouth. I love hearing her melodic little voice. She uses simple sentences like "You hear that choo-choo train?"


She's learning manners and will usually say "Thanks, Mommy" whenever I give her something. When someone sneezes she almost always says "bless you, ____" and if she sneezes, she says "Bless you, boo boo" because that's what I used to say to her.


She can count to ten and sing her ABC's. She loves to sing other songs too, like "Jesus loves me", "Wheels on the bus", and "twinkle twinkle little star".


She can name a lot of shapes, including circle, star, heart, oval, diamond and triangle.


She's working on potty training - some days are better than others. She will sometimes stay clean all day, but only if I take her to potty every couple of hours.


She likes to dance and work puzzles, and her favorite toy will probably be her new little kitchen that she got for her birthday. She loves TV, but I try not to let her watch much. She says "Baby Einstein?" every time we start messing with the DVD player.

She is starting to get a little bit of the terrible 2's, throwing tantrums and saying "no" alot, and "I do it" showing her independence.

I will post some pictures later because (drumroll, please) we are finally getting high speed internet! Yay! I feel like it's my birthday too.





3 comments:

Melissa said...

I can't believe she is 2 already...where has the time gone? What a big girl Kaleigh is! I know ya'll are proud parents for sure!

Doug McPherson said...

Congratulations, Kaleigh!

Nitzia said...

Happy birthday Kaleigh! she is a very cute and smart little girl, just like her mommy!