Wednesday, October 03, 2007

New York City, here we come!
At least in 5 or 6 months hopefully...

My good friend Amy called yesterday. She and her husband, Jeremy just moved to New York and will be there about a year, and she wants to know when Nathan and I can come visit. We have both always wanted to visit New York, so we are planning a trip for the spring. It will be great to see Amy again. She has lived far away for several years now, so we don't get to see each other much. Only once or twice a year.

All that to say, I'm already planning the trip in my head. We will shop & window shop, go to museums, see a show, and try to attend a taping of a TV show. I'm looking for good suggestions of things not to miss, so if you have been, please give me some input.


What is mom cooking for dinner these days?

A blog would not be complete without a funny Kaleigh anecdote, so here it is. We were eating supper last night and I had made a pot roast in the crock pot with potatoes, carrots, and onions. Kaleigh got one of the onions on her fork, held it up and said "Look, Shelly! A worm!" Now I've cooked some strange things in my lifetime, including cookies without flour (an accident) and vegetarian spinach meat loaf (on purpose but a bad idea) but I'm pretty sure serving worms would be an all time low. As for her calling me Shelly, that's what happens when you laugh at your child instead of correcting them. She started calling Nathan and me by our names a couple of months ago, just every once in a while. Now she does it all the time. What a mess!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Pot roast is my favorite meal of all time! I wonder if Rachel Ray has ever tried cooking worms? LOL!!! Glad ya'll are going to NEw York, I've never been but you should have a blast. Think of all the shopping!

Jill said...

Kaliegh cracks me up!!!! It would be hard not to laugh out loud at that one!!! Nice hair do as well!!! Oh, and you will love New York, bring comfortable shoes...lots of walking!!!

Doug McPherson said...

Ya'll have got to have the funniest child on earth! I foresee a book in the future, "Kaleigh Meets the World."

Anonymous said...

Worms? Shelly? Markers on the legs? What's next? That girl is a regular comedian. It would be hard not to laugh at her.
NEW YORK?? YEA! How fun. It's a good idea to do all of your research now so you are well prepared. Go get a Fromers' New York book or something from the bookstore.

Ashley S. said...

I'm really enjoying getting to know all you girls. I hope that I can be a friend, even though we don't have kids yet. I'm looking forward to getting to know you more. See you soon!