Saturday, February 12, 2011



Emory's Birthday and more snow...























I'm starting to lose track of all the snows, but the day of Emory's party it snowed so we postponed to the next day.
We had a "sweetheart" party for her. She seemed to enjoy being the center of attention and definitely liked her first experience of cake. It was a fun ti
me with family.




















Loved the "got Milk" picture. She's such a little diva already!









Then of course this week we found out there was a chance of more snow. I never count on anything until I see those flakes coming out of the sky but all the hype wasn't for nothing this time.

I think the first time it snowed my kids were glued to the windows watching it, this time I said something to the effect of "look at all the snow!" and Kaleigh was like "oh yeah" then turned back to the TV. We're hard to impress around here...

After being stuck inside for two days I wanted to accomplish something constructive so I figured it was as good a day as any to teach Kaleigh to read.
That went well, if you overlook the very large possibility that she will have to undergo counseling in the future and it will all center around reading the word "this".
We may need a few more snow days for that. To offset some of the guilt I was feeling for being such a terrible teacher, I read to her several chapters from a chapter book. To hopefully convince her again that reading really is fun.

And of course there was the snow. So we spent an hour bundling up everyone so we could go out & play then come inside 15 minutes later. But it's all worth it right? For the memories...

1 comment:

The Cornelisons said...

I appplaud the women who homeschool. When I'm trying to help Greyson with school work we both need to undergo therapy when I'm done - it stresses me out soooo much. Reading is hard, don't kid yourself. She'll pick up on it eventually especially if you're reading to her now.