Saturday, February 26, 2011

Happy Birthday, Nathan! - American Idol - and my non-kid blog (almost)

Nathan's birthday was Thursday. We celebrated last week with my family. The poor birthday boy had to grill his own steaks. Then, we celebrated the day of his birthday at home with his meal choice, chicken spaghetti. Friday night we went to his parents house and had food and played Wii so he should be feeling pretty special by now! 3 birthday celebrations - it makes me feel a little less guilty for not putting as much effort into as I did Emory's party. Please ignore the mess of my house in the pictures, I can only keep the house clean while kids are sleeping. The second they wake up BAM! it's a huge mess again...

I love you, Nathan, Happy Birthday! I don't know what we would do without you. You're such a hard worker and great husband and father. We're all so thankful to God for you, in case I haven't told you lately.

And for a special birthday treat, Emory took her most steps ever on his birthday! She's taken 2 or 3 here & there a few times, but she took 6 or 7 steps and is now doing it more consistently. I'm not sure I would call her a "walker" yet, but she's close.

We've been watching American Idol. I would have totally given up on it by now but we just don't have much that we watch together anymore and that's one show we both like. And I wanted to see how it was without Simon, Paula, and that other lady. To be honest, I haven't missed any of them. I really like J-Lo and Steven Tyler. They are funny and caring, and really know what they're talking about without being cocky. I'm excited to see the talent "up close" pretty soon.

And because a blog wouldn't be complete without at least one picture of one of our babies, I give you Alexis...

2 comments:

The Cornelisons said...

Your house doesn't look messy! I've just given up myself ;) Happy Birthday Nathan!!!!

Ellen said...

Hey! Just wanted to say that if you check out my blog today my courage builder #2 might sound familiar. :)