Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Vacation!!

Well, just in case you were wondering, my crazy week that I wrote about in my last post continued on into the next week. Nathan got sick, Emory got antibiotics, and the kids kept coughing. But at some point they finally stopped and amazingly all was calm again. For, like, an hour :)

On Thursday Nathan called me and said I might have to come pick him up - he was driving and couldn't keep his eyes open b/c of the brightness. He had slept in his contacts the night before but we weren't sure what was happening. I did have to go & pick him up, and the eye Dr called in some antibiotic drops for him. When we got home he just stayed in the dark as much as possible. I felt like I needed to get one of those shirts that say "I Love Vampires"! Then I left him and went to bunko :) Hey, don't judge. I was gonna stay home & he insisted that I go. The next morning was his birthday and I took him to the eye doctor. Mr. Tommy Moseley was so great. He said Nathan's eye was a little roughed up but should be fine.

In the meantime my brother and sis in law came to visit at the last minute b/c Kristin had a possibility of a job and they wanted to come while they could. Kelly came too :) Nathan got to stay home from work that day but was feeling a lot better so it ended up being a pretty good birthday for him. We went to Carino's that night and all 9 of us ate for almost nothing on his Pasta Points.

Saturday night we celebrated Nathan's birthday with his family. Sunday our whole family got to go to church for the first time in at least 3 weeks. Of course we had nursery duty :) We also had to get there really early for a Deacon/Widow breakfast. Nathan has 3 widows that we are supposed to keep in touch with. we haven't done a very good job but I want to visit them a little more. They are the sweetest ladies. I had fun at the breakfast. One lady just kept me laughing, she has the best sense of humor.

And on Friday we are leaving for our ski trip! We are going with the same friends we went with 5 years ago. If you want to see pics or more details, my friend Amber just blogged about it. This time we are bringing our "big kids". They are all 6. They will all be in ski school so we will be pretty free. Me and Nathan need this vacation. We didn't take one at all last year. Even though we still have K, she's easy so I think it'll be a wonderful break. I'm not even dreading the drive. I saved up some Christmas $$ and got a new laptop so I'll be playing games, watching movies, reading, talking to friends, etc... I'm excited about my laptop. I know I'm a little behind in technology. I wanted an iPad but I had $200, not $700. We got a deal on this laptop. Also it will do so much more, as far as connectivity. We've never even had a new laptop before. Some friends were so sweet to give us their old ones, back when I was on bedrest, but it's amazing how fast a new one goes! I guess in about 5 years, I'll probably get an iPad :)

We did get some sad news yesterday. My friend Nitzia's mom is very sick. She lives in Mexico and Nitzia is going to be with her and will not be going on the trip. Please keep the family in your prayers. Her mom went from very healthy to very, very sick in such a short amount of time. The Dr's still aren't sure what is causing all her problems. My heart is very heavy for all of them right now. I believe God is in control but it's hard to understand His ways sometimes, for sure.

I'll try to update during our trip if I'm not too exhausted! I tried to exercise a few times but it didn't go too well. I may end up in ski school with Kaleigh, ha! This is probably the worst shape I've ever been in for something like this.

1 comment:

The Cornelisons said...

Have so much fun!! This will be an awesome trip for you guys and I bet Kaleigh will love every minute of skiing.