Saturday, February 04, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday, Emory!

Today is our special little girl's 2nd birthday. Because we are still on our Daniel Fast until tomorrow we are having Emory's party on Monday. But I think she still had a fun day. Nathan and I woke her with a pink marshmallow and 2 candles. She loves blowing candles out! This afternoon we went to a friend's party and that's almost as fun as your own, right? She didn't seem to mind.

Emory is doing great, from what I can tell. She is more than developed socially, talks constantly. She loves to copy her sisters, especially Kaleigh. And me. We were leaving the house the other day and she said "Come on kids, time to go!" And she has started calling her sisters "girlies" cause I call them that. She's definitely independent and is getting fairly defiant but overall she's a good, fairly easy child. Slightly strong willed and very mischevious. I haven't worked with her much on shapes or colors yet. She's probably sat still for about 2 books in her whole life :)

In some ways Emory is one of our easiest kids. She sleeps good, doesn't cry a lot, and has been pretty healthy. She's got a fun personality and people seem to really like her, especially cause she still attaches herself to certain people. But in other ways Emory is definitely, shall I say "challenging". What do I mean? Well...
  • she went through a phase of climbing on our bathroom sink, getting in, and playing in the water
  • she emptied my dad's wallet, likes to go through people's purses, takes what she likes and runs away with it
  • climbed on K's top bunk before the twins would, at 1 1/2 
  • likes to get food out of the trash can and run off with it. 
  • Drags chairs around the kitchen and gets food off the counter, runs off & eats it
  • She once got into a tray of deviled eggs my mom was making. She had taken bites out of 7 of them before we noticed her
  • likes to get toothpaste out of the bathroom and eat it
  • uses Kaleigh's lip gloss as skin moisturizer

You get the picture! Not trying to pick on Emory, she probably knows how much we secretly laugh at her even while we're scolding her. She is just a Busy girl! She's full of fun and we love her so much.

Watch this video and see how crazy she is! 

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Seriously- she is too cute!!! Love the video...I could just eat her up! Happy Birthday Emory!

Amber said...

That is just precious! She is such a doll and such a big personality...I love that I'm one of the people that she attaches herself too! :0) Happy Birthday Emory!

Maggie Paulus said...

First of all, I LOVE the look of your blog. Secondly, I really like Emory! She's so ALIVE! And funny. (Of course, it's always funnier when it's someone else's kid.) Enjoyed reading about her.