Friday, January 18, 2008

Deep Thoughts with Kaleigh...
I have to take a break from Christmas to share some of the funny things Kaleigh has said and done lately. Here goes...

K is excited about graduating to her "big girl panties" as we call them. She's also excited for other people, like the other day when she saw Nathan getting dressed for work and said "Look, Daddy gots big girl panties too!"

The other morning she came to lay down in bed beside me for a few minutes, snuggled up close to me, looked over and said "I'm just hanging out".

Coming home from church the other night:
K: Where are we going mommy?
Me (after having told her at least 3 times that we were going home): Where do you think we're going?
K: A party?
Me: O really? What kind of party?
K: A pink party.
(Funny b/c everything now is described as either pink or big)

Kaleigh saw a picture of a wedding on someone else's blog:
K: Look mommy, married! Gettin married!

Me: yeah

K: Sing a married song?

Me: What's a married song?

K: Joy to the World


And, another slightly embarrassing encounter that happened today. We were in Wal-Mart and looking at the vitamins. There was another lady standing there but I wasn't paying much attention to her until we walked past and noticed Kaleigh staring. Then I glanced over and saw that she had a patch on her eye. I was thinking to myself that I should probably hurry before K's staring turned into something else but I wasn't quick enough. In a not quiet voice she says "Look mommy, she got a pirate. Look mommy she got a pirate" and continues saying this over and over again while I'm running off as fast as possible and trying to discreetly cover K's mouth at the same time...

7 comments:

Guy and Julie said...

Those are hilarious! Aren't you glad you're writing this stuff down so you'll remember it later?! She'll be so embarrassed when she's 18!

Anonymous said...

Okay that girl cracks me up! "Just hanging out" Where did she come up with that? I bet you all laugh at what she says all of the time. It is good that you are writing this down. Thanks for sharing with us too!

Ashley S. said...

I love that she's just hanging out! I'd love to just hang out with her. The pirate thing is pretty great too. I bet the lady probably thought it was funny if she had any sense of humor whatsoever. Don't worry.

Melissa said...

This had me cracking up! I'm sure the lady understood and probably giggled too! I'm so glad you are writing this down...it's a great way to remember things from her childhood!

Anonymous said...

so great! i'm glad you're keeping track of funny comments. my mom did this. One of my favorite family memories revolves around my mom's records of our funny sayings. she pulled out the book when going through things one day. we were all (me & my 3 siblings) sitting on the floor in their bedroom with stitches in our sides and tears in our eyes because we were laughing SO hard! (my favorite was my showing my mother the middle finger, and then informing her: "mom, they call it - dramatic pause - the bird."

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

oops, somehow my note showed up twice - you'll have to delete one, shelley!