Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Snow Day! (or Morning, anyway)


Just when I'd given up on the possibility... Nathan woke me yesterday morning and told me that it had snowed and I didn't even believe him! Too many years of living with my brother...
Kaleigh had fun playing in it and eating it, and I brought some inside to make snow cream.



My mother-in-law, Patti, was inspired to write this poem.

March came in like a lamb,
It lasted 3 days.
The lion roared through
Blowin' snow for kid's plays.


On Sunday it's 60,
On Tuesday there's snow;
Arkansas weather is crazy,

That's one thing we know!

One day it's a coat,
The next, none at all.
Is it springtime or winter,

Summer or fall?

Our weather's a paradox.
Our seasons will lie.
Not Knowing what greets you
Upon openin' your eye.
-Patti Statton

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I may have to scrapbook that poem. Boy does it say it all! I love the snow pics!

Doug McPherson said...

Why is it that wives never believe their husband's report on the weather?

Nitzia said...

Patti is so talented! I loved that poem....

eric said...

Kaleigh looks so cute in the snow with her adorable hat! Patti's poem is so true! That's great.
Amy