Saturday, April 25, 2009


Birthday Fun & A Day on the Town

My 30th birthday was Thursday. Nathan is already planning a weekend getaway to Hot Springs for next weekend and I thought that was the main celebration so we didn't have much planned for my actual birthday. Just dinner at home and I was going to get coffee with some of my friends who gave me some nice presents. Little did I know when I got back to the house there was a whole slew of people waiting for me! Many of my friends and family were there and we had cake and ice cream and snacks in the backyard. It was so nice and made me feel very special. Nathan did great!

My parents stayed in town until today and my dad wanted to go out to eat. Instead of just going to a restaurant we decided to enjoy our lovely city of Little Rock and the gorgeous weather. We went downtown to the RiverMarket and got some food and ate outside by the river. Then we shopped the market a little then walked along the river. They have really fixed up a great play area for kids! There is a huge slide and all these tunnels leading different ways, then rocks to climb back up. There is a "fountain" where water shoots up periodically from the ground. We watched some kids playing in the water and tried to get Kaleigh to run through but she wasn't having it! I would definitely like to go back and have her bring a bathing suit next time. We got some ice cream then went home.

1 comment:

The Proctors said...

Happy Birthday to you Shelly!! Sounds like you had a good one! Can you believe we are 30?