Saturday, April 23, 2011





Birthday Fun...




It's been such a nice birthday. Today we celebrated with mine & Nathan's parents, Laura, and the kids at our house. Since we couldn't be with my parents tomorrow for Easter, we also had a Easter Egg hunt for the kids here at the house. They have become quite skilled hunters - even Emory knows how to open eggs. She found a peep in one and was forever on the hunt for another one after that! My dad had put money in some of the eggs - only Kaleigh appreciated that. The others threw it on the ground, in pursuit of more jelly beans. They'll learn...








I got some nice gifts - mainly one big one that Nathan, my grandparents and parents are helping with. A groupon the other day was for laser hair removal here in Benton and it was such a great price I couldn't resist. I've looked into it before but would never pay the regular price. This was an amazing deal and I will love not having to worry about shaving my legs! I also got a Starbucks gift card, a pedicure gift card w babysitting from my mother in law, a purse and some useful items from my parents.

Last night, we went out to IHOP with my parents and my sister & her new boyfriend. April was kids eat free month and we wanted to take advantage - HA! They may change it after experiencing our family!

Kelly gave me this poem for my birthday. I had to share. I loved it. Don't read too much into it, parts were just for dramatic effect.

ODE TO THE SHELLSTER
There once was a girl named Shelly
Who loved deeply her beautiful sister named Kelly.

Growing up they would chase each other with knives (!?)

but eventually went on to do bigger things with their lives.


Shelly met her husband during her late days of college,

While they were both pretending to be in pursuit of more knowledge.

They have a history of going on peculiar dates together,
Which made it obvious they were in this for forever.


She was the 1st of the children to be wed,
Many tears her father did shed,

Realizing before the other two settled down he'd surely be dead. {HA!, love it!}

She has many interests you see,

besides being a baby factory,
:)
Dumpster diving, garage sales, and finding good deals,

Reading, dirty dancing, and late night eating are some of her appeals.

I've seen her dress like a burn victim for Halloween,

And if anyone got in the way of her puzzle working she can be quite mean.


I am thankful to call her BIG sister of mine,

And that we were able to share the same bloodline.

I hope her 32nd birthday is filled with many good memories,

And she goes on to have many more Emorys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

The Cornelisons said...

Happy Birthday! The poem is awesome!!! And all those gifts, you are one loved lady ;)