Friday, April 15, 2011

What I'm reading...

When I saw that Kelly's Korner was linking up to your reading list, I had to participate! With 4 little ones, I have to sneak in reading wherever I can but I somehow manage to...

Right now I'm reading more nonfiction than usual. Beauty in words, this book is changing my life,
One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp













Also Choosing to SEE by Mary Beth Chapman. This one is also wonderful. She is the wife of Steven Curtis Chapman and just so real and honest.












I just finished Matched by Ally Condie. It is the first book in a trilogy and the other two aren't written yet, so I recommend just waiting to read these until Nov 2012. I hate waiting for a sequel to be written!










I'm about to start Francine Rivers new series, Her Mother's Hope. This one has at least 2 books written so I can deal with that. :) I think I've read everything that Francine Rivers has ever written and always like her books. If you haven't read the Mark of the Lion series, go read them right now!









One of my recent faves was The Hunger Games series. This one is better than Twilight, people! It's not about vampires but it is a young adult fantasy series so the comparisons are inevitable. I know most of my friends have read it and loved, loved it. And they are making a movie, yay!







And probably my other favorite recent read was The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. It took a little time to get into it, but it is so worth sticking with, I promise. Hope you enjoy.

4 comments:

*Kelly* said...

What a great list.

I had been reading more "spiritual" and parenting non fiction but am now back on a mystery kick.

What sweet girls you have!!!

Amber said...

Can't wait to read these books...several you mentioned are awesome!

Erin Branscom said...

What a great list! :) Erin

www.healthybranscoms.com

I love your blog! I am following you!

The Proctors said...

I'm glad you posted this because I feel like we have similar tastes in books. I've definitely written a couple of these down to get that I haven't read! Thanks Shelly!