Sunday, April 03, 2011







Happy 60th Birthday, Mom!

My mom turned 60 on Wednesday and we celebrated on Friday night. It also happened that my grandparents were coming to visit from Alabama so that added to the celebration. It was a crazy week (more on that in a sec) so I didn't get to do as much as I had hoped, but I still thought it was a nice time. The kids really enjoyed visiting with their Great-Grandparents and I think the feeling was mutual. We also had a good time with them. I'm blessed to have such healthy, loving Grandparents.

For my mom's "party" we didn't do much cause she's not a person who likes a lot of fuss, but I did a 1951 theme from the year she was born and we had a little quiz and some decor. I made a poster with some old pictures and had the family write notes to her. I'll try to compile it into a book sometime before her 70th birthday :).

It's so easy to think of nice things to say about my mom. She has many wonderful qualities. One thing that kept coming up was how much a servant she is. God definitely gave her that gift. Even during her party she kept trying to work and I had to get her out of the kitchen. She does so much for us and restores my sanity every time she & my Dad come to visit. She's also a great listener and gives wise Christian counsel. I'm so blessed to have her for a mom!

As I said before, it was a crazy week. We were still trying to finish the bathroom, then we all ended up with the stomach bug. The kids had it so quick I was convinced we wouldn't get it or at one point I thought we already had gotten it. Boy was I wrong. We were feeling okay pretty quickly afterward, just not good and very worn out. So in all, it was a wild week with some ups and definitely some downs!

2 comments:

Amber said...

What a sweet party for your special mom! I cannot believe your family got the stomach virus again! Wasn't that just a few months ago? Glad you all are feeling better!

I think we really need our vacation soon!!:O)

Nitzia said...

Oh how sweet, I wish we had a close up of her pictures on the poster you made :)
Your mom is a very sweet lady, she has a very calm personality that you can see and feel as soon as you see her! you are very blessed to have such a supportive and sweet mom like her!!