Friday, August 18, 2006

Being a Stay-at-home-mom (SAHM)
A recent discussion with a friend led me to evaluate the status of being a SAHM. Personally, I love staying at home with my baby girl, and it has always been my dream job. Although my position is now enviable by some moms who are working outside the home, try being a high-schooler whose only true heart's desire is to be a SAHM. It just didn't sound that great to most people to say that I hoped one day to stay at home and take care of my husband and children, but what can I say? Even now, I know a lot of people look down on my "job", but it's nice to have some appreciation for what I do.

Stay tuned for more on the ups and downs of my career. - Shelly

1 comment:

Nitzia said...

it's wonderful when your dreams come true! glad that you are able to be a SAHM. It is the most rewarding job in the whole wide world!