Thursday, January 01, 2009

Christmas "catch-up" blog.

I get overwhelmed when there is a lot to blog about and usually just end up not doing a blog at all or waiting a really long time. That's how it is with Christmas. We get so many pictures and are so busy that it takes a while to get around to writing about it. We had a really nice Christmas this year. Or should I say "Christmases". We did three different celebrations - our house, Nathan's parents, and my parents. I'm a purist about celebrating on or close to Christmas day, but it gets a little crazy trying to go from one place to another with all our presents. Kaleigh was a lot of fun this year. She got more into opening gifts, but she did still want to play with things. We didn't get her a whole lot and she didn't get anything big this year, but she got a lot of things that she likes, especially her Dora camera and lots of little Dora toys.
My favorite thing about Christmas is just spending time with family, playing games and eating. We got to celebrate this year with four new people - Kristin, Kayla, Avery and Alexis. That was special.

I've been wanting to do a gingerbread house with Kaleigh so I finally got one. She had fun but I think I had more fun!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

It's just going to get more and more fun with the girls! Family is my favorite part of Christmas too. The gingerbread house looks awesome...I enjoyed doing ours too this year. Have a very blessed New Year.

The Nelson Family said...

That's an impressive gingerbread house! Nice work Shelly, I mean Kaleigh!