Sunday, January 18, 2009

If You Want A Blessing...

I've become a blog stalker:) and it's the best way I've spent my time in a while. First, I joined in with the masses who are praying for baby Harper at Kelly's Korner. Her story is amazing, and now God is really doing something. There are hundreds of thousands of people praying for her new baby girl and she is just a normal person, nobody famous. She also happened to go to OBU.

From her blog yesterday I found Bring the Rain: A Different Miracle. Bring your tissues people, and be prepared to stay a while. This one is written by Angie, wife of Selah singer, Todd. It is the story of their youngest daughter, Audrey. I spent Sunday afternoon just reading this incredible, beautiful, heartbreaking story while listening to praise songs on pandora (thanks Kelly). I had tears just running down my face. If you are going through a tough time or have gone through a tough time or ever will go through rough times (you get it, right) you need to read this! On top of everything, she's hilarious and a great writer.

I love that God is using these blogs, not just so us housewives can feel less alone and have a place to vent, but to show His glory so amazingly. Without this avenue, we would never know about these stories.

2 comments:

Pamela Floyd said...

Don't know if you remember me or not, but I use to go to Geyer Springs First Baptist. I had to comment that I'm a blog stalker too. HA HA!!! :) I love looking at different ones to get ideas, but some I get addicted to looking at daily and these people become my friend even if they don't know it. :) You're 3 girls are beautiful!!! Pamela Floyd

The Nelson Family said...

You are so right. Those stories are amazing and so encouraging. I like to blog hop when I have the time. I love the adoption blogs. Could read those for hours!