Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Miscellaneous Happenings

One other thing I wanted to accomplish while Kaleigh was gone was to get some pictures of Avery & Alexis. We did a photo shoot & I ended up with a few good ones (out of many).
The second one just captures them both perfectly. I have a feeling Alexis will be picking on Avery their whole lives.










I also got to some garage sales and found some beautiful smocked & Strasburg dresses for the twins. They don't exactly match but they will coordinate. I got 6 pairs of shoes that looked brand new. I also found a bunch of clothes for Kaleigh for $1 a piece, including some bathing suits, 2 cheerleading outfits and another smocked dress. I also found a set of sheets for Kaleigh's bed that match her bedding for 2.50 (including pillowcases).










I sold two smocked preemie outfits on ebay. We bought them new for $10 each and sold them for $30 total after Avery & Alexis wore them a couple of times. Not bad. It made me laugh that the lady who bought them emailed me & said they were for her heirloom reborn dolls! Then I got to researching those dolls. Serious business!

Kaleigh came home! She wanted to play outside. We disagreed about what she should wear. She won.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Awesome pictures....so cute! And awesome deals on super sweet clothes for the girls. Good job on the eBay selling. I love selling things for more than I bought them for...terrific.

Nitzia said...

soooo cute Shelly, you really got some super cute pics of the twins, love them!

The Cornelisons said...

Greyson and I disagree often on what he should wear. I want to put a sign on him when he wins that says "Mommy let me dress myself today", but I hope those around can tell on their own :)

Jill said...

My twin nieces (now that they are 7) rarely want to wear matching clothes but they always coordinate...typically one is always in purple & the other in pink!! The pictures are too cute, and I am so impressed with all your good finds!!

Amber said...

I'm so excited that you found all those bargains! Ebay is becoming a fun little game too, just like couponing! We will have to go together to garage sales this summer...can't wait!

amy said...

Kaleigh and her dress up. That is so funny. The twins look so cute. I can only imagine how hard it is to clothe them. I agree with Jill, good to match sometimes and then just coordinate colors. Lots to think about when trying to get out the door somewhere. You are sure finding some good deals!