Wednesday, March 11, 2009



Sickness

We've been dealing with a lot of sickness around our house lately. Surprisingly, it's not the two preemie babies who have had it worst, it's my 3 year old who has been really healthy up till now. We are spending a lot on doctor copays. It's been about 3 weeks since Kaleigh got RSV. She had a temp of 103.5 and a bad cough. She never got completely over it but was a lot better, then Monday I noticed a lot of gunk coming out of her eye. Pink eye. Then yesterday she threw up, and last night was running high fever again. We will be going back to the doctor later today.
In the meantime, Avery got the cough, but never got full blown RSV, thanks to the Synagis shot. She did have a slight ear infection and had to take antibiotics. Alexis got the same thing a few days later. We had to go out of town so I never took her to the doctor. They are both still congested but not bad. My mom predicted correctly that Alexis did not take it as well as Avery. She is definitely the more emotional one so far. But what I love is that one minute she will be fussing, then I will lean down & talk to her and she smiles like this









We went to Missouri over the weekend to visit family. It was a good trip and I'm glad we went, even though the babies made it a little stressful. Here is a picture of Kaleigh with her cousins Andrei, Ashley & Angelica. They are so sweet. I really wish we lived closer so she could spend more time with them.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

oh my gosh, you poor thing! three sick babies! AHHHH!!! when they all get well, you deserve a day at the spa to de-stress.

The Proctors said...

Aren't you so ready for the warm weather? I'll be glad to get rid of this cold season. Thank goodness the twins didn't get RSV. I'm sure that would be so hard to deal with! Glad you guys had a great time in Missouri!