Thursday, March 19, 2009

Project Completed!

Many of you who know me may have noticed that I'm not very good at following through on projects. Well, I am happy to announce that I finally completed something that I have been working on since my pregnancy with the twins. These are the letters to hang in Kaleigh's new room. The last step is to actually hang them. . .












And, I actually completed a new project that I just started yesterday! I wanted a bow hanger for Kaleigh's room. The ones on ebay are $20 and I just can't pay that right now, so I found some things at WalMart and made this one for about $7. It may not be as cute, but I saved $$ and I can brag that I made it myself. I noticed after I painted it brown that it looks a little like a football, but I'm hoping with all the bows hanging off it that you wouldn't notice that.










The reason I'm able to get all this done is b/c Kaleigh is gone with my parents for about 5 days. It is amazing how little work the twins are compared to their 3 year old sister! It doesn't hurt that they still sleep about 7 hours during the day. I'm determined to make the most of this time. Since she's been gone I've done those projects, listed some things for sale on ebay & craigslist, cleaned, and rearranged the LR furniture with Nathan. I still have many more things I want to do. I'll let you know how that goes!

8 comments:

Guy and Julie said...

Both projects--very cute! I don't think it will look too much like a football with all the girly bows hanging off of it! And I know exactly what you mean about projects--I am notorious with starting something then moving on to something else halfway through!

Amber said...

How creative you are! They both look great! I'm excited that you have time to do things that I'm sure you have been wanting to do for a while now! I rearranged and cleaned Ethan's room one time when he was with grandparents and when he walked into his room he said WOW, what happened, it's clean! HA!

Jennifer Jackson said...

You are so crafty! They are very cute! I'm glad you have some time with out Kaleigh to get some things done. I forget how precious time is sometimes.

Lisa said...

They look great! Amazing that you have the creativity and are making use of the time Kaleigh is gone. I think I would be sleeping the whole time.

Nitzia said...

I like what you made! you see.... you are more creative than what you might think:)
I know exactly what you are talking about your three year old taking soooo much of your time... at that age they demand and require so much quality time.... it's for sure easier to get more done with just a baby since they do not walk or TALK!

Jill said...

Very cute, Shelly! Good Job!!!

Katie said...

Doesn't it feel great to accomplish things on your "to-do" list!? Good for you!

Love the completed projects, and I never thought about a football when I saw the bow-hanger. ;)

amy said...

Well way to go Martha! ;) Love the ribbon you ended up choosing for the letters. Looks perfect. And I don't think the bow hanger looks like a football at all. Cute and very practical for those little bows.