Saturday, March 28, 2009

Gotta keep it in perspective...

This week's just been a bit of a "down" week for me. Anyone else feel that way? Spring break when you don't get a spring break is just not fun. My bible study was cancelled, I had no bunko, no playdates, no class meetings, no projects of any kind. The only time I left the house this week was to go shopping. And not fun shopping. I did get to see Ashley & her baby for a few minutes. It's just too hard to get out and do anything with all three kids. We went on a disastrous walk down the street one afternoon.
We were supposed to go to the lake last night where Nathan's parents were camping, but then it was supposed to rain so we didn't go. We were going to go to Garvan Gardens today but saw that it was going to be a little cold so we switched that. Then we decided to go to the lake instead, until we were reminded how cold 40 degrees is. Not fun. Plus Nathan had (or got to) go out a couple of evenings, which just makes my day with the girls that much longer. The only highlights of the week was seeing our friends Andy & Liz last night. They came over to visit for a while, which was a good "pick me up".

I know that I need to keep it in perspective. Everyone's fairly healthy, we have lots to look forward to, and I will soon be complaining about how much I have to do. God has been very good to our family. Which leads me to the next issue...

I also have been very burdened for a lot of other people lately. I know that I just need to pray for them and do what I can for them, then give it to God, but it's hard for me to do that "turning over" part. Every time I hear about sick babies or babies dying or broken marriages and people with financial troubles, I really carry it around with me. Maybe I'm supposed to be doing more? Like I said, it's been a down week.

Here's a little bit of cheerfullness - aren't the pigtails so cute?!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

The pigtails are super great! I hate down weeks like that too! those are the weeks that I definitely need the sun to shine. Maybe you can be that "sun" to someone else and have them over to visit! Wouldn't that make someone's day? I know it would mine.

Anonymous said...

You are such a cool mom - I have been "catching up" on the Statton Life - and I totally want to hang out with you guys! Especially since our girls are the same age...
You have me laughing so hard on some of your posts! Love you guys!