Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fun Craft & Finding Bargains!

Yesterday Kaleigh and I made a puzzle. First we found a flower catalog and Kaleigh cut out pictures that she liked from the catalog. Then we covered a piece of cardboard with glue & glued the pictures on the cardboard. Then, I used a box cutter & made puzzle pieces. Viola! A cute original puzzle plus good training in cutting, glueing, and working a puzzle. Fun!










Also yesterday, my very gracious mother-in-law, Patti, came over and watched the girls and let me have lunch with Nathan & do a little shopping in North Little Rock. I got to spend about in hour in my favorite store - 1/2 of 1/2 Name Brand Clothing. Shopping there is an adventure. They get clothes from store buyouts and some damaged items. Some of the things are fine, some have stains, or may be missing a button, or have big holes. You just have to look everything over carefully. Everything starts out at 1/4 of retail and continues to get cheaper & cheaper. I got these six items for $38 and they are all perfectly fine! I'm not kidding when I say it's pretty much spoiled us for shopping anywhere else. You just have to plan to stay a while looking through gobs of clothes. I was there for over an hour but I could have stayed much longer.






Quiz : Guess what is happening in this picture?

7 comments:

Lisa said...

What a creative mom you are! I love the idea of the puzzle. Keep giving me ideas. I need them.

Jennifer Jackson said...

The puzzle idea is so great. I will have to try that with Hannah! Is Kaleigh counting the five little piggies?

Jill said...

Is Kaleigh painting baby girls toes??? Oh no! Very cute puzzle idea!!

Jill said...

Shelly, the easiest way to do your header is to go to scrapblog.com, create a layout, save it as a JPEG and then put it in your header. I do have a scrapbooking program but I used the other before i got this program!!! Your blog always looks so cute!

Ashley S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley S. said...

Kaleigh's giving her a foot massage! :)

Yes, that was me who deleted my last comment. I forgot that it said that or I would have just left a follow-up comment. I said "food massage" instead of "foot massage". That's 39 weeks pregnant for you!

The Nelson Family said...

Taking piggies to the market???

What a cute idea about the puzzle! Very creative!