Friday, February 13, 2009

How to make banana bread with a 3-year old and two babies...

1. Assemble ingredients while dodging 3 year old who is "helping" but mostly standing right in front of the drawer or cabinet that I need to get something out of and pulling random items out of the refrigerator like pickles and chocolate syrup.
2. Put passy back in mouth of fussy baby
3. Wash my hands and toddler's hands
4. Add first & 2nd ingredient
5. Wait while toddler has to suddenly go potty
6. Go to check on the other baby who is fussing. She's soaking wet. Change her clothes and diaper.
7. Add third ingredient
8. Realize that we didn't wash our hands after changing a diaper and going potty so repeat step 3.
9. Dump contaminated ingredients out and start over.
10. Add first 3 ingredients again then let toddler help with the egg.
11. Big mistake. Eggshell in mixture
12. Dump out and start over again.
13. Add the ingredients again.
14. This time we make it to 4th ingredient.
15. Babies need passies.
16. Next ingredient - bananas. Try to add as much as possible while toddler is trying to eat as much as possible.
17. Wait while toddler adds chunks of banana 2 at a time with a measuring spoon.
18. Wait
19. Okay, add the rest of the ingredients without drama.
20. Stop to feed babies.
21. Start the bread maker.
22. Clean up Kitchen while toddler messes up more.
23. Sit down and breathe a sigh of relief that it's almost time for bed - oh wait - does that clock say 11:15 a.m.?!

6 comments:

Heltz said...

That is great! You are certainly supermom and I am completely impressed that you get anything done at all...you are amazing :)

Jennifer Jackson said...

Wow, what a work out! Like Candice said you are supermom! I have a hard time with just one, I don't know how I will manage with two!

The Proctors said...

I'm so impressed that you even made banana bread! I don't see how you do it with a toddler and twins. I barely made it through with a toddler and 1 baby! You amaze me!! Loved this post!

The Nelson Family said...

Oh my! Bless you heart. A++ for all that effort! I bet it tasted great in the end.

Katie said...

Love this post! Way to go!

Thank you for your sweet comment. Yes, there is only ONE baby...so far! Ha.

Your family looks precious.

amy said...

LOL, I can only imagine. I bet it is like this a lot. One day, when the girls are all grown and actually HELPING you in the kitchen, you will be telling them this story and laughing together. God has really blessed you. Now I will say a prayer for some extra energy for you! ;)